Local Student Storage may change these Terms of Service from time to time. Local Student Storage will notify you of any changes by posting them on the Site or through other reasonable means of providing notice.
OUR INFORMATION & AGREEMENT
In order to use the Service, you will be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification and contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Service. You agree that any registration information you give to Local Student Storage will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
Local Student Storage processes information about you in accordance with its Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using the Service, you consent to this processing.
ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
By using our Service, you will be required to create a username and password as part of the registration process. You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Box: outside dimension up to 45x30x30cm, under 15KG in weight.
Large Box: outside dimension up to 51x41x41cm, under 20KG in weight.
Suitcase/Bag: under 0.75m on any one outside dimension (except golf bags), under 1.6m on all 3 outside dimensions added together, under 25KG in weight.
Trunk: over 1.6m on all 3 outside dimensions added together, Under 30kg in weight.
Own Box: under 135cm on all 3 dimensions added together, under 20KG in weight.
If your item exceeds the weight limit you may be given a fee of up to £40 by the collection team for that item (at the discretion of the collection team). This is to cover the cost required for additional packaging and care.
If your item exceeds the dimensions, the item will be moved to the next category of pricing. In order not to exceed the dimensions, the boxes must meet these conditions: the top must be completely flat and at a 90-degree angle with the sides; the flaps on the top and bottom must perfectly meet and the box must have no bulges anywhere on the box. These rules are in place as the standard boxes are stacked in our facility and we cannot stack overpacked boxes.
Customers are responsible for ensuring that items are packed safely. If the items are able to move freely inside the box and are not safely packed, we cannot accept responsibility for damage. If customers store prohibited items (see Items we cannot store section), we cannot accept responsibility for any damage. Furthermore the customer accepts full responsibility for any damage caused to items as a result of overpacking and thus cramming of items.
Customers must sign across the sealed tape on each box to ensure that it is clear that no box has been opened by anyone other than the customer.
In the case of a the Local Student Storage team being unable to carry out the service due to customer error as defined below, a £40 fee will be added to the customer’s invoice to reflect the price of rearranging the service.
- You will be responsible for:
- Obtaining and ensuring that Local Student Storage or its carrier have such access and parking facilities as may be reasonably required to carry out the services;
- Providing Local Student Storage with your contact details and ensuring that these are accurate and up to date;
- Providing Local Student Storage with all the information requested about your other items when prompted by the site, email or a call;
- Notifying Local Student Storage of any changes regarding your orders by 11am the day before the:
- Delivery of your materials;
- Collection of your storage items;
- Return of your storage items; or
- Where such delivery, collection or return is scheduled on a Monday, by 11am the Friday before.
- Ensuring that:
- You are present, or ensuring that someone authorised by you is present, during the delivery, collection and return of the Storage Items;
- The goods have been securely packed into storage boxes and that any other items have been wrapped, both in accordance with our Items Requirements and that the goods and the storage items are suitably prepared for transport and storage so as not to cause damage or injury or the risk of damage or injury to Local Student Storage’s property, employees, agents, contractors or other goods, whether by spreading of damp, infestation, leakage or the escape of fumes or substances or otherwise. In particular, if the goods are fragile you must ensure they are thoroughly bubble wrapped in multiple layers and carefully packed;
- Each storage item is labelled which is affixed securely with tape; and
- Informing Local Student Storage within 48 hours of any loss or damage to the goods or your property that occurred during a delivery, collection or return service. You acknowledge that Local Student Storage will not be responsible for any loss or damage if you fail to inform Local Student Storage within such time period. Evidence will be required in the form of before and after pictures.
ITEMS WE WILL NOT COLLECT
- Single-walled cardboard boxes
- Bin bags, plastic bags, laundry bags
- Any goods containing liquids, chemicals or food
ITEMS WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
- Glass, crockery and other fragile items
- Goods with any glass element
- The outside of suitcases, bags, plastic containers and hard cases for instruments
STANDARD STORAGE PERIODS
Our standard storage period runs from the exam timetable of the current academic year until the start of term of the next academic year. In Scotland this is usually from May until September, and in England from June until October.
Free collection dates will be available around these dates. In some cases, collections outwith these dates will incur pricing to reflect the cost of our logistics team carrying out the service.
We have a minimum £70 spend for using our service. If your order comes to less than this, we will add the difference to make the order £70.
NON-COLLECTION OF ITEMS
If a customer should not get in touch to book their delivery of their items back to themselves before the final delivery date in that area, we will get in touch to inform you of our intention to dispose of your goods. Further to this notification you will have four weeks to organise delivery of these goods, or we reserve the right to dispose of them at our discretion. We will have no responsibility to you for any items still held by us after this time.
Payment can be made either when ordering the items online via the Stripe link, or by invoice once Local Student Storage has collected your items. Note that customers are given an option to either ‘Pay now’ or ‘Pay Later’ at the checkout stage of the online booking. Local Student Storage only charges you for the items you have stored, and so your final invoice will reflect this. If you have chosen to pay at the time of booking and used more or fewer items, we will either invoice you the difference or send you a refund for any unused items. Payment must be made within 2 working days of receiving an invoice. Without cleared payment in full, the goods cannot be returned to the customer. This includes any re-delivery/administration fee for the organising of an early delivery. In such cases, items will fall under the ‘Non-collection of items’ clause.
Any unused boxes should be returned to us or can be kept for a charge of £5 per box.
Refunds will be issued within one week after collection for customers who choose the ‘Pay Now’ option at checkout and do not use all of the boxes or store all of the items that they have paid for. Only customers choosing the ‘Pay Now’ option at checkout are eligible for refunds. Refunds will be made for the total number of items paid for but not stored, minus any fees charged by our payment partner.
No refunds will be made for students who request an early delivery of their items before the summer storage period is up. Local Student Storage charges a minimum 3 months storage, and early returns are not eligible for a refund of any unused months. This is due to the team allocating a space in the warehouse for each order for the whole summer, and therefore even if you decide to have your items returned earlier, Local Student Storage is unable to re-rent the storage space that was allocated to you.
Customers are able to cancel their order within 48 hours of their collection. If boxes have already been delivered, a £40 fee will be charged. A refund will be made for the full amount minus any fees. Within 48 hours of the collection date, no refund will be made and students will be charged the value of the booking.
WHERE WE COLLECT
If in halls of residence, we will collect items from the reception of those halls of residence. We can collect from inside private flats. Students do not need to be present when items are collected. If the ‘Pay Now’ option was selected at checkout, any unused boxes will be refunded to the customer’s account. If the ‘Pay Later’ option was selected at checkout, an invoice for the total number of items collected will be sent via email.
WHERE WE DELIVER
We will return items to the customer to their new address as long as it is within a reasonable distance from their previous address and still within the town/city boundaries. We define a reasonable distance as approximately 5 miles from the previous address. If you are outside these boundaries, please e-mail us to inform us of this and we will discuss the issue with you, although we reserve the right to charge a fee reflecting our costs for delivering the items. If the customer arranges delivery, and then the delivery team are unable to deliver due to any reason within the customer’s control, the delivery team may add a £40 charge to rearrange delivery.
Local Student Storage returns items for free at the start of the academic term of the respective university (generally during the Freshers’ Week period).
We can return items earlier if required, as well as extending the storage period, although the customer must get in touch to discuss requirements and preffered date at least 1 week in advance.
If required, the customer may be charged a fee that reflects our costs in organising the return of the goods at an earlier date, and the customer will not be refunded for any unused storage time that they may have already paid for.
Without cleared payment in full, the goods cannot be returned to the customer. This includes any re-delivery/administration fee for the organising of an early delivery.
SELF-COLLECTION, ACCESS AND STORAGE
We do not offer self-storage services. Our storage facilities are designed for industrial scale storage, and not for consumer use – in the same way that a distribution centre differs from a supermarket. Due to this, customers cannot store or collect their items themselves, a delivery will need to be arranged.
Similarly, between the collection and redelivery of items, customers will be unable to access the facility.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION TERMS:
On delivery after the storage period, it is the responsibility of the customer to check the contents of the item/box for any form of damage immediately after receiving the box from our delivery team. If damage has occurred, this must be shown to the the delivery team before we leave the delivery address. We cannot accept any responsibility for damage that is reported once the team has left the delivery address.
ITEMS WE CANNOT STORE:
We regret that for insurance and safety reasons, we are unable to store any of the following items:
- Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef’s blow torches.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
- Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.
- Animals, alive or dead.
- Any form of liquid, or containers with liquid(s) inside, unless they are completely wrapped and sealed in non-porous plastic, and have been checked by a member of our staff. This includes printer cartridges
If it becomes clear that any of the prohibited items listed above are contained within your storage items, such items will be removed and disposed. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for the time taken to search and remove any prohibited items in this case.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
We shall not be liable for any loss (including consequential loss or economic loss) or damage to goods stored in the facility, whether or not the loss or damage is due to any act or omission, negligence, or wilful default by us or any of our servants or agents; nor shall we be liable for any consequential or economic loss incurred by you as a result of any loss or damage to the goods. Any other representations, conditions, warranties and other terms, whether written or oral, express or implied, statutory or otherwise which are or may be inconsistent with this condition are expressly excluded.
You will indemnify us and hold us harmless against all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred by us or by any of our servants, agents or other customers which arises out of the use of your items by you or any of your servants, agents or invitees or arises out of the breach of this Agreement by you.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a direct or indirect result of our performance of this agreement being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any Act of God, riot, strike or lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, break-down of plant or machinery, fire, flood, difficulty in obtaining workmen, materials or transport, electrical power failures or other circumstances whatsoever outside our control.
Any delay by us in exercising any of our rights under this agreement will not impair our rights to be a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial exercise of any right preclude a further exercise of that right.
No variation of these terms and conditions will be effective unless expressly accepted in writing by us and signed by one of our authorised representatives. None of our employees or agents who is not also an authorised representative has any authority to vary these terms and conditions on our behalf whether orally or in writing.
Every provision in these terms and conditions is severable and distinct from every other provision and if at any time one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected in any way.
This agreement shall be governed by Scots Law and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
This agreement shall not create a lease.
Where the customer is two or more persons your obligations under this agreement shall be joint and several.
Local Student Storage can organise insurance through the storage facility. Items insured will be subject to their insurance policy. Please ask for more details.
Insurance can only be ordered prior to collection. The insurance runs until the items are redelivered.
After the designated delivery dates have passed, if the customer has not taken delivery of their items, we regret that no items will be covered under the insurance policy, and no claims will be considered for any items.